Monday, September 1, 2008

Lydia Sadie

This summer I met a couple little girls named Sadie and one had a sister named Lydia. These are two names I really love, they both have such sweet sounds and that lovely old-fashioned charm (I'm beginning to think I should rename my blog Old-Fashioned Charm!... that gives me "furiously to think" like Hercule Poirot, perhaps a new blog is in order...anyway) .
Not too long ago I was playing a name game on the Behind the Name boards and used the combo Lydia Sadie. I really loved the sound and the combo stuck in my head.

Photobucket

"Oh Lydia, oh Lydia, say, have you met Lydia? Lydia The Tattooed Lady. She has eyes that folks adore so, and a torso even more so. Lydia, oh Lydia, that encyclo-pidia. Oh Lydia The Queen of Tattoo. On her back is The Battle of Waterloo. Beside it, The Wreck of the Hesperus too. And proudly above, waves the red, white, and blue. You can learn a lot from Lydia!

La-la-la...la-la-la. La-la-la...la-la-la."


Jocelyn Sadie is currently on my top 10 because my mom loves Jocelyn and it sort of honors her mom Joyce and Sadie is a nickname/short form of Sarah like my other grandma Sally's name. But I've really wanted to but Sadie as a first name but I keep using it as a middle name!

I like the sound of Lydia Sadie much better than Jocelyn Sadie, the sound and flow just seems to work better. And if I use Sadie as a middle name for Lydia I can use Pearl for Jocelyn maybe. But I also like the sound of Lydia Sadie Pearl and my top four favorite combos all have 3 names except for Lydia Pearl so I really want it to have three names too.

So here are some of my thoughts on middle names for Lydia:
  • Lydia Sadie Pearl
  • Lydia Sadie Michael / Michal
  • Lydia Sadie Claire (which would mean I'd have to change my Emma Claire combo, maybe to Emma Beatrix)
  • Lydia Sadie Karis (honors my friend)
  • Lydia Sadie Abigail
  • Lydia Sadie Grace
  • Lydia Sadie Opal
  • Lydia Sadie Rose (too plain I think)
  • Lydia Sadie Kirsten (honors my sis but too long)
  • Lydia Sadie May / Mae (I'm liking May recently, it's actually very pretty, not sure I'd really use it though)
  • Lydia Sadie Hope (means I'd have to change Juliana Hope which I am hoping to do in future)
  • Lydia Sadie Ruth
  • Lydia Sadie Ann (e) (I'm really liking the Ann spelling lately, it's on my family tree too)


Photobucket Photobucket

"It's Anne with an E!"

Obviously Lydia Sadie is already quite long in sound so I'm trying to pair it with a one or two syllable name.

I'm really hoping Sadie won't become too popular because I like it a lot and now I'm liking it more than Sally! (sorry mom-mom!)

One of the Sadies I met was actually Mercedes but she was called Sadie or maybe they spell it Cede?

I'm also liking Chloe's charm as well but that's too popular so I've got to get that out of my mind! But maybe as a middle name like Juliana Chloe.

So I'm still not sure what Lydia Sadie combo, but I am leaning more towards Lydia Sadie Pearl, Lydia Sadie Hope, or Lydia Sadie Ann.

Any thought, opinions, comments or suggestions are welcome. I know probably no one actually reads my blog yet but if you do I'd love to hear your opinion!

No comments: